Accelerating Change in Rural Maryland:
Upstream & Downstream Strategies
Check back frequently as information will be updated as the event draws closer!
The Maryland Rural Health Association (MRHA) is pleased to announce the 2017 Maryland Rural Health Conference October 5-6, 2017 at the WISP Resort in McHenry in Garrett County.
- NEW! Networking Reception the evening of Wednesday, October 4th, the night before the conference KICKS OFF!
- NEW! Joint Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony Dinner the evening of Thursday, October 5th in the beautiful Wisp Lodge!
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!! Click HERE to register.
Goal: The goal of the conference is to support and connect rural health stakeholders as they work towards Accelerating Change in Maryland’s current dynamic health care environment. The conference will gather rural health leaders in the public, private, and non-profit sectors to discuss the major health issues faxing rural Maryland. Past conference attendees have pointed toward the value of illustrating data driven and evidence based public health and community level practices as most useful to participants.
WANT TO SPEAK AT OUR EVENT?
MRHA IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING PROPOSALS to present on topics that align with the tracks listed below. Guest speakers will be recognized in the event program and published presentations via MRHA after the conference. Those interested should fill out an application: CALL FOR PROPOSALS
PROPOSALS DUE MAY 12th!!!
NEW! Pre-Conference: The Rural Maryland Opioid Epidemic: Status Update and Practical Toolkit
- Afternoon of Wednesday, October 4th, 2 – 5pm
- Special presenter: James Pyles, Director of Safety and Security at DHMH and Member of Governor Hogan’s Heroin and Opioid Emergency Task Force and Inter-Agency Coordinating Council
- Stay tuned – additional details coming soon!
Tracks: This year, MRHA will be offering three different tracks with multiple sessions for each track. MRHA is currently accepting proposals for speakers on various topics found HERE. Criteria for selection include relevance to participants, rural focus, collaborative nature of research or program, and quality of abstract.
Track One: Upstream Strategies
• Health Care Reform
• Policy Development
• Social Determinants of Health
• Educational and Prevention Programs
Track Two: Midstream Strategies
• Community and Population Health
• Care Coordination
• Workforce Development
• Early Intervention Programs
Track Three: Downstream Strategies
• Behavioral Health Treatment
• Addressing Opioid Epidemic
• Primary Care Innovations
• Health Outcomes
Registration & Hotel
Registration is now open! Click HERE to register. Early bird prices will end July 31st. A separate registration is required for the pre-conference on Wednesday, October 4th, and will include an extra session. There are no refunds however substitutes are welcome.
- MRHA Members: $270.00
- Early bird Members: $220.00
- Non-MRHA Members: $300.00
- Early bird Non-MRHA Members: $250.00
- Pre-Conference Add-On: $30.00
- Early bird Pre-Conference Add-On: $25.00
Hotel rooms have been reserved at the WISP Resort. A discounted rate will be available for all conference participants. You may call the hotel directly between the hours of 8am-7pm at 301.387.4000 to make reservations; use the Group Booking ID “3138” to receive the discounted rate (before hotel taxes of 12% that are subject to change).
Room availability subject to change:
- Lodge Queen Efficieny: $89/night
- Lodge Queen Deluxe: $89/night
- The Queen Suite: $109/night
- The Double Suite: $129/night
- The King Suit: $129/night
- The King luxury Suite: $179/night
Full descriptions of all rooms can be found HERE. Discounted rates are available three days prior and three days post conference (October 1st through October 9th).
Please think about becoming a sponsor for our event at a bronze, silver, or gold level. Your support will help further our mission to educate and advocate for the optimal health of rural communities and their residents.
- Platinum $2,500-$5,000
Exhibit space for Conference, Registration for 3 people, full page ad, logo on website and listing on all marketing material
- Gold $1500
Exhibit Space, registration for 2 people, full page ad, logo on website, and listing on all marketing material
- Silver $1000
Exhibit Space, registration for 2 people, half page ad and website listing
- Bronze $500
Exhibit Space, registration for 1 person, name listing on website and conference program
“NEW” Sponsorship Registration ONLINE!! Click HERE.
To sponsor or exhibit please fill out below application and send to Lara Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment can be made via check or by using the PayPal function below.